Monday, March 8, 2010

When my life changed.

Then it happened. I hit bottom. I just could not live like I was for the past 3 years. I was living for "someone else" and now this "someone else" was gone for good. I had to figure out who I was. I had lost my identity in those 3 years. I had lived for someone else and had absolutely no clue as to who or what I was. That is when I hit bottom. I hit hard. I did not want to live anymore. I was so scared. The anxiety attacks were constant, all day long. These were full blown attacks at least 5 to 6 times a day; yet I still worked. Working on the edge emotionally and physically. I could not sleep, eat, or seem to have peace inside of me. My body reacted and I lost weight at a rapid speed. I was losing the weight, and then I lost it my mind.
I went to the hospital. I had to do something because I just could not live anymore. I have wonderful children and grand children yet I received no happiness or joy from them or there presence. I just wanted to be in my home, by myself. I was scared to go grocery shopping. I was just plain scared.
Then the climb back. The wonderful feeling of worth. I remember so well, when I was in the throws of this hell, how I thought things would never change and that I would always feel so gloomy, scared, anxious, and depressed. How wrong I was. How wrong.
I struggled through this time in my life. I had no clue how it was to turn out. Things began to change. I found my spiritual purpose. I found who I was. I was re birthed. It was the most wonderful time of my life.
I found, as the saying goes, "What does not kill you makes you stronger!", is absolutely TRUE. This could have killed me, but I would not let it. It has made me a stronger woman. I know my worth. I know my higher power. I now have a wonderful relationship with someone that I have been looking for all my life. If I had not gone through what I did 3 years ago I would NEVER fully appreciate what my life has progressed to. I would not have set an example to my children and grand children about depression and how it can be helped. It can be recovered from. It can be a re birthing of someone that has been sorely missed for a long time.... YOU with YOU.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Chris! Way to go for writing that down. Some people might be too afraid to admit that they have had feelings like that. We are all on a different journey and no one has exactly the same experiences. But if we don't share our own experiences with one another then how do we expect people to understand where we are or where we're coming from? Well done cuz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiffany! I really appreciate your kind words. I will be writing more when the thoughts just become overwhelming and I HAVE to get them out. That is when I find that I write the BEST! Thanks again my wonderful, beautiful and amazing cuz!.... :)

    ReplyDelete